The Young Advisory Committee was created to ensure Cambridge Ahead remains current for the future workforce by capturing the thinking of under 35-year-olds about their future and their ideas for the future of Cambridge.
Currently the Committee is focussing on:
- The Future of Flexible Working – a series of surveys of employees under 35 across the Cambridge Ahead membership are being undertaken to understand the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on younger employees.
- Meeting the Housing Needs of Young People – The Committee has developed two ‘housing tribes’ that highlight the needs and priorities of two prevalent cohorts who currently work and live in Cambridge. The group will explore other ‘tribes’, housing products that meet the needs of these tribes and whether these tribes are reflected in the Housing strategy and policies.
- Cambridge Nature Network – Supporting the project between Natural Cambridgeshire and Cambridge Past Present & Future to enhance Natural Capital and double nature by 2050.
Members of the Young Advisory Committee sit on other Cambridge Ahead project groups to provide their insight into project work and to feed that back into the Committee.
Young Advisory Committee Chair: Rob Carter, Director, RG Carter
Rob Carter is a Regional Director at RG Carter, a family owned business, established in 1921 and renowned for its diverse range of high-quality construction services. With specific board responsibility for various office operations across the Firm, including RG Carter Cambridge Limited, he has helped deliver many prestigious projects within Cambridge in sectors such as Life Sciences, Commercial, Historic Refurbishment and Education, specialising in complex ‘one off’ schemes.
Rob is keen to develop and help give young people opportunities in the work place and is a dedicated ambassador of the in-house training centre, Carter Academy. After fifty years of commitment to training, it is still central to the business, with over 40 young people starting construction management or craft apprenticeships every year.
Rob Carter, Director, RG Carter added: “I am extremely proud to be representing this group of incredibly talented and enthusiastic individual rising stars from some of Cambridge’s most influential organisations. If we are to be successful in developing and improving both our commercial and community activities, it’s important that this group have a platform to voice their aspirations and ideas. I passionately believe these young professionals can help influence and steer us to delivering a realistic and successful future for this wonderful, vibrant city.”
Project Group Members
- Allia*: Natalie Boyle, Financial Controller
- Archor: Oli Worth, Partner
- Arm*: Eleanor Bonnici, Performance Analyst / Isabella Gottardi, Senior Software Engineer
- Aviva Investors*: Isabelle Pickett, Analyst | Real Estate Debt
- Barclays Bank*: Liam Witten, Relationship Manager
- Bidwells*: Sebastian Corke, Graduate Residential Development Surveyor
- BioMed Realty*: Orestis Tzortzoglou, Development Director
- The Crown Estate*: Georgina Garland, Stakeholder & Public Affairs Manager
- Deloitte*: Jacqueline Platt, Manager, Audit and Assurance
- First Base*:Liam Ronan-Chlond, Head of Engagement
- Jagex*: Jody Zarkos, Associate HR Business Partner - Onboarding
- Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)*: Thomas Bewes, Surveyor - Industrial Agency
- The Jockey Club*:Hannah Grosvenor, National Sales Director
- LexDiagnostics/ TTP Group*: Harry Bullivant, Director of Operations
- Marshall of Cambridge*: Henry Stark, Marketing and Communications Officer
- The Mick George Group*: Ben Collett, Business Development Manager
- Mills and Reeve*: Alex Round, Associate
- Morgan Sindall*: Jamie Curtis, Business Development Coordinator
- The Perse School*: Erin Charles, Head of Development / Jackie Sharpe, Project Manager
- RAND Europe*: Georgie McCardle, Communications Assistant
- Rapleys*: Charles Alexander, Senior Surveyor
- RG Carter*: David Jefferies, Framework Manager
- Pigeon Investment Management*: Emma Butler, Graduate Surveyor
- Savills*: Abigail Jones, Associate, Development
- St. John's College*: Jessica Tearney-Pearce, Project Coordinator
- TTP Group*: Rebecca Bradley, University Interactions & Outreach Liaison
- TWI*: Henry Begg, Section Manager, Surface Engineering
- Urban and Civic*: Lucas Cross, Development Manager
- Jane Paterson-Todd, CEO
- Dan Thorp, Director of Policy and Programmes
- Lawrence Morris, Manager of Policy and Programmes