The aim on the group is to identify opportunities to improve technology for businesses and residents in the local region.
The current priorities are exploring how to improve mobile connectivity in Greater Cambridge and the possible impacts the pandemic could have on the technology infrastructure.
Technology Group Chair: Jem Davies, Vice President, General Manager & Fellow, Machine Learning Group, Arm
Jem Davies is a fellow, vice president and general manager of Arm’s Machine Learning Group, focusing on machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions.
He was previously general manager and vice president of technology for the Media Processing, and Imaging and Vision, Groups, where he set the future technology roadmaps and undertook technological investigations for several of Arm’s acquisitions. Prior to that he ran his own software consultancy for many years.
Although he has very nearly lived in all sorts of places around the world, Jem is surprised to find he has lived in Cambridge since university. He is a product of the Cambridge Phenomenon.
Project Group Members
- arm*: Richard York, VP Embedded Marketing
- Aveva*: Jon Hobbs, Head of Development
- Cambridge Ahead Honorary Vice-Chair*: Charles Cotton, Chairman, Cambridge Phenomenon International Ltd
- Cambridge Ahead Honorary Vice-Chair*: Professor Peter Landshoff, Fellow of Christ’s College and Professor Emeritus University of Cambridge
- Cambridge Consultants*: Heidi Pinkney, Lead Consultant, Technology Strategy / Alex Joseph, Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Cambridge Wireless: Simon Mead, CEO
- Cambridgeshire County Council: Noelle Godfrey, Programme Director, Connecting Cambridgeshire & Head of Digital Infrastructure
- Deloitte*: Frances Cousins, Partner - Audit & Risk Advisory
- First Base*: Doug Higgins, Project Director
- HSBC*: Jamie Bignall, Relationship Director, Corporate Banking
- Illumina: Bobby Kaura, Seed Investment, Global Ecosystem Development & Expansion, Illumina Accelerator
- Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group: Patrick Wood, Chief Technology and Engineering Director
- TWI*: Henry Begg, Section Manager, Surface Engineering
- University of Cambridge*: Jon Holgate, Head of Networks
- University of Cambridge*, Dept. of Architecture - Dr Ying Jin, Reader in Architecture and Urbanism and Director of the Martin Centre
- Jane Paterson-Todd, CEO
- Dan Thorp, Director of Policy and Programmes
- Lawrence Morris, Manager of Policy and Programmes
Latest News & Insights
DIGITAL DELIVERY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING LOOKS SET TO STAY, IN SOME FORM: WHAT WILL THIS MEAN FOR PEOPLE AND PLACES?
Over the course of early 2021 Cambridge Ahead conducted interviews with secondary schools, further education colleges, universities, and employers. This sought to understand what lessons had been learned from a year of enforced digital delivery...