One of the key priorities for Cambridge Ahead has always been to improve the quality of life for those who live and work in the Cambridge area. The purpose of this project is to bring a greater understanding of quality of life in Greater Cambridge, and to promote this as the basis of decision-making about the city region’s future.
Currently in its second stage of the project RAND Europe administered a survey to representatives of a range of community stakeholders in the Greater Cambridge Area.
Quality of Life Project Group Chair: Jeremy Newsum, Honorary Vice Chair, Cambridge Ahead
Jeremy Newsum DL is an Honorary Vice Chairman of Cambridge Ahead and was inaugural Chairman for the first six months of our existence. He was Executive Trustee of the Grosvenor Estate, until he stepped down from this role at the end of 2016. He is also a director of Wates Group, a trustee of the Evelyn Trust and a member of the Investment Committee of Trinity College, Cambridge.
Project Group Members
- Archor: Oli Worth, Partner
- Arm*: Sarah Cunningham, Cambridge site leader & global lead for IT
- Aviva Investors*: Edward Dixon, Head of ESG, Real Assets
- Biomed Realty*: Matt Smith, Director of Leasing, UK Market
- Cambridge 2030: Alison Taylor, Chair / MD, Conscious Communications
- Cambridge Ahead Honorary Vice-Chair*: Dr David Cleevely CBE, Chairman, Raspberry Pi
- Cambridge Ahead Honorary Vice-Chair*: Professor Peter Landshoff, Fellow of Christ’s College and Professor Emeritus University of Cambridge
- The Crown Estate*: Deborah Clark, Community Investment Manager
- CPIER Commission: Dame Carol Black, Commissioner
- Deloitte*: Jacqueline Platt, Manager, Audit & Assurance
- dRMM: Professor Sadie Morgan, Director
- First Base*: Olaide Oboh, Head of Partnerships
- Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)*: Gemma Piggott, Head of Corporate Sustainability
- Mills and Reeve*: Duncan Astill, Partner
- Quality of Life Foundation: Matthew Morgan, CEO
- RAND Europe*: Chris Van Stolk, Vice-President / Andreas Culora, Analyst
- Urban and Civic*: Rebecca Britton, Communications, Communities and Partnerships Manager
- Jane Paterson-Todd, CEO
- Dan Thorp, Director of Policy and Programmes
- Lawrence Morris, Manager of Policy and Programmes
Latest News & Insights
Cambridge Ahead’s Jeremy Newsum: ‘Quality of life is an essential aspect of economic growth’
Businesses have a huge responsibility for the places in which they operate; they don’t exist to just generate profit, they’re here as part of the community and their interests are wholly aligned with how that community develops in the long-term.
CAMBRIDGE AHEAD YOUNG ADVISORY COMMITTEE (YAC) REPORT: THE CITY WE WANT TO INHERIT
On the 24th November 2020 the Cambridge Ahead Young Advisory Committee (YAC) presented to around 100 guests, from across business, academia and local government on ‘the city we want to inherit’. This report covers key topics discussed at the event, all of which aim to highlight a number of areas that will improve and enhance quality of life.