The Policy Group provides overarching strategic consideration and coordination of Cambridge Ahead activity. In this role, it tracks the implementation of the 27 recommendations of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Independent Economic Review (CPIER). The Group provides a regular forum for CA to engage with Government, Local Authorities and other partners to discuss emerging policy issues and provide strategic oversight around key issues affecting the region.
Policy Group Chair: Alex Plant, Regulation Director, Anglian Water
Alex became Regulation Director at Anglian Water in 2017, having spent two years leading on regulatory policy and market reform. Previously he worked as Director of Regulation at Royal Mail, Executive Director for Economy, Transport & Environment at Cambridgeshire County Council, and Chief Executive of Cambridgeshire Horizons, driving forward the delivery of sustainable new communities in Cambridgeshire. Earlier in his career he worked at HM Treasury on productivity, competition and regulation policy, and at the Civil Aviation Authority as Head of Economic Policy & International Aviation.
Alex is also a Board Member for the independent urban policy think tank, the Centre for Cities.
Project Group Members
- Dr David Braben, CEO and Founder, Frontier Developments and Chair of the CA Transport Group
- Andy Brown, Group Corporate Affairs Director, MAG Stansted Airport*
- The Hon. Matthew Bullock, Honorary Vice-Chair and Chair of the Regional Economic Planning Group of Cambridge Ahead
- Aaron Cohen-Gold, Public Affairs Manager (Regional) at University of Cambridge
- Dr David Cleevely CBE, Chairman of Raspberry Pi and Honorary Vice-Chair of Cambridge Ahead
- Mike Emmerich, Founding Director of Metro Dynamics Ltd.
- Harriet Fear MBE, Chair of Cambridge Ahead, Director of Cambridge& and Founder of Harriet Fear Associates
- Kirsty Gill, Chief People Officer, Arm*
- Andy Williams, Vice President Cambridge Programme & Strategy, AstraZeneca*
- Cambridge Ahead Project Chairs and external parties from local and national authorities and other organisations are regularly invited to attend Policy Group meetings to discuss relevant policy matters.
- Jane Paterson-Todd, CEO
- Dan Thorp, Director of Policy and Programmes
- Lawrence Morris, Manager of Policy and Programmes