Create your city – Cambridge Ahead's 'City of Quarters’ competition
Cambridge Ahead’s Young Advisory Committee are inviting young adults from across the city to submit ideas for what the city could look and feel like in the future. What will have changed, for the better, so that the city is more vibrant, inclusive, sustainable, and accessible?
We’d love to see your ideas as photographs, short films, artwork, poetry, or short stories.
We particularly welcome entries from those between 18 and 35 years old!
Take inspiration from where you live or places you’ve visited to share your vision, for a chance to win one of three great prizes.
- 1st prize: £100 Love Cambridge Gift Card
- 2nd prize: One year’s membership to the Cambridge Arts Picturehouse
- 3rd prize: Two tickets to a show of your choice at the Junction, Cambridge, up to a total value of £50.
Send your entry alongside a caption that describes your work and idea to email@example.com. Don’t forget to give us your name, age, postcode and contact details.
This competition is being run as part of the ‘City of Quarters: a vision for Cambridge’s future’ project. Led by Cambridge Ahead’s Young Advisory Committee, the City of Quarters project seeks to capture the aspirations that young people have for Cambridge. The project focuses on generating ideas that could improve quality of life by enhancing the vibrancy, inclusivity, sustainability, and accessibility of the city. Our ideas have been informed by conversations and workshops with communities from across the city.
- This competition is open to all over 18 years old. Entries from under 18s will not be accepted.
- By entering the competition you confirm that your submission is your own work, and not a copy or reproduction of work by any other individual, group or organisation. We will run a reverse image search/plagiarism check to ensure this is the case! Any submissions found not to be the entrants own work will be excluded from the competition.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
- Submissions open on 1 June 2022 and close on 31 August 2022.
- Submissions will be judged by members of Cambridge Ahead’s Young Advisory Committee, who will choose their 5 favourite pieces of work. The winning three submissions will be chosen by public vote at our ‘City of Quarters’ townhall event on 15 September. The winners’ works will be showcased at the launch event of our ‘City of Quarters’ project in November 2022.
- The winners will be notified by email or phone call and receive their prizes by October 14, 2022. The judges’ decision is final.
- Entries may be used within our ‘City of Quarters’ report and in other Cambridge Ahead materials, but will be attributed to their creator.
- Prizes cannot be substituted for cash.