Policy Officer – Cambridge Ahead
Cambridge Ahead is a business and academic member organisation that exists to be a catalyst for the success of Cambridge and quality of life across the city region.
Representing 49 of the most influential organisations in the Cambridge region and working closely with Central and Local Government, Cambridge Ahead led the production of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Independent Economic Review (CPIER) and is now committed to supporting the implementation of the 27 recommendations made by Dame Kate Barker and the Commission.
Cambridge Ahead is leading on the following activities:
- Understanding how behaviour changes to our economy will translate into a new era for the Cambridge city region
- Creating a Quality of Life Framework to guide future growth decision-making at the local level, and ensure elements like natural capital are well planned for
- Evidence and analysis to shape upcoming local and strategic spatial planning – such as the Greater Cambridge Local Plan and OxCam Arc Spatial Framework
- Research and policy recommendations to improve how skills and education provision interacts and matches the workforce needs of the local economy
- Developing new affordable housing policy and products that meet the needs of the city worker demographics that the Cambridge economy is dependent upon
A new role is now being created to bring policy research, analysis and advice capacity to the Cambridge Ahead team – working across the wide-ranging local growth agenda.
Working with the Policy and Programmes Manager and reporting to the Policy and Programmes Director, this role will involve desktop work as well as active engagement with Cambridge Ahead member organisations and local stakeholders.
- Undertaking research, evidence gathering and applying critical analysis to a variety of topics.
- Contributing policy thinking and drafting material for Cambridge Ahead project group activities, including reports, briefings and presentations.
- Drafting responses to statutory consultations and submissions to Government.
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders to understand business and academia attitudes towards key policy agendas, and supporting Cambridge Ahead to respond.
- Supporting the wider work of the organisation through, for example, project management support.
This is a full-time role, with a starting salary of £30,000 per annum.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact:
Dan Thorp, Director of Policy and Programmes – Cambridge Ahead
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07866 846292
Lawrence Morris, Policy and Programme Manager – Cambridge Ahead
email@example.com / 07791 230502
To express your interest in the role please send your CV and a supporting statement to Dan Thorp by 2 July.