TTP plc selected for technology advisory partnership with Cancer Research UK
TTP plc (TTP), a leading independent technology and product development company, today announced that it has entered into a technology advisory partnership with Cancer Research UK. TTP has been selected by Cancer Research UK to apply its technology design and development expertise and insight in the healthcare sector, to assess discoveries made by the charity’s academic researchers.
Under the terms of the agreement, TTP will review and evaluate the clinical and commercial applications of emerging technologies, to support Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. TTP was chosen to work with Cancer Research UK due to its breadth of development skills and experience in progressing a product idea to manufacture, to advance the charity’s research in areas including medical devices, diagnostics, sensors and artificial intelligence (AI).
Dr Michelle Griffin, Clinical Innovator, TTP plc commented: "Being chosen to work with such a prestigious organisation demonstrates our credibility and trusted experience within healthcare technology development. Our expertise across the sector compliments Cancer Research UK’s breadth of research techniques, and we look forward to applying this deep knowledge to find new and exciting methods to beat cancer, sooner."
Tony Hickson, Chief Business Officer, Cancer Research UK commented: "We have access to a fantastic portfolio of emerging tech through the Cancer Research UK academic community and are eager to see this reach the healthcare setting as soon as possible. Our partnership with TTP plc is a great opportunity for Cancer Research UK as it will enable us to deliver our most promising technologies to the clinic, shaping the future of how people with cancer are diagnosed, treated and monitored."
About Cancer Research UK’s Commercial Partnerships Team
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research. Cancer Research UK’s specialist Commercial Partnerships Team works closely with leading international cancer scientists and their institutes to protect intellectual property arising from their research and to establish links with commercial partners. Cancer Research UK’s commercial activity operates through Cancer Research Technology Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Cancer Research UK. It is the legal entity which pursues drug discovery research in themed alliance partnerships and delivers varied commercial partnering arrangements.
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last 40 years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer for at least 10 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Article sourced from: https://www.ttp.com/news/ttp-plc-selected-for-technology-advisory-partnership-with-cancer-research-uk
Published on: 22.06.2020