Support for the findings of the Greater Cambridge Mass Transport Options Assessment Report
Business and academic member organisation, Cambridge Ahead today expressed support for the conclusions reached in the recently published Greater Cambridge Mass Transport Options Assessment Report.
Dedicated to the successful growth of Cambridge and its region, Cambridge Ahead represents some of the region’s largest and most influential organisations. Having taken the time to review and consider the report findings, the organisation broadly welcomes the recommendations for the development of a Cambridgeshire Autonomous Metro (CAM) Regional Network.
Cambridge Ahead is supportive of a system that:
- Is scalable and can accommodate growth beyond that currently envisaged.
- Is capable of integrating with other modes of transport, including other modes of autonomous transport to provide an end-to-end solution.
- Caters for both residents and the seasonal tourist population, in addition to commuters.
- Enhances quality of life for those that live in Cambridge and the surrounding area.
- Will be seen as a best in class solution that attracts additional investment to the area.
At this early stage, Cambridge Ahead agree that CAM looks to be a solution that could help fulfil these objectives and is a long-term vision that is reflective of the modern city Cambridge currently is and the future city it will become.
With this vision in sight it must now be acknowledged that there is much to do in the short to medium-term to ensure Cambridge becomes a more robust and free-flowing city. The organisation will support and work with the Greater Cambridge Partnership to find solutions which could help move people around the City more efficiently in the shorter term whilst additional solutions to alleviate current and future congestion frustrations are considered and implemented. The overall success of the vision will be dependent as much on what we do now as what we do in the future.