Image: Cambridge Ahead
Project Group Chair: Bill Wicksteed − Founder & Senior Advisor, SQW
Project Team members
David Ball − Chairman, David Ball Group
Matthew Bullock* − Master, St Edmund’s College
James Buxton − Executive Chairman, Pigeon Investment Management*
Sue Chadwick − Senior Associate, Planning & Environment, Birketts*
Terry Fuller − Executive Director, East & South East, Homes & Communities Agency
Andy Hill − Group CEO, Hill Partnerships*
Stephen Hills − Director of Housing, South Cambridgeshire District Council
Richard Howe − Managing Director, Marshall Group Properties Cambridge*
William Jewson − Development Director, Howard Group*
Simon King − Project Manager, Cambridge University Hospital Partnership*
Ian Mather − Chairman, Cambridge Ahead and Head of Office, Mills & Reeve*
Suzanne McBride − Strategic Director, Cambridge City Council
Craig McWilliam − Executive Director London Estate, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland*
Jane Paterson-Todd − CEO, Cambridge Ahead*
Mike Shaw − Director of Strategic Development, Savills*
Jon Wooles − Group Finance Director, Brookgate*
* Member/Member organisation
The Housing project group has four key priorities:
- To promote a far-sighted view of what sort of place Greater Cambridge will be in 50 years so that our actions today will influence its continued long term success.
- To understand and have our own view on the demand and affordability constraints on homes in Greater Cambridge.
- To promote the supply of homes that are affordable (focusing on location, density, typology and tenure).
- Using the unique features of the Cambridge market to support pilot projects that seek to innovate in tenure and funding.
We have examined the changing demographics of the demand for housing and new models of finance for housing projects, using the interest of long term pension fund managers in the growing Cambridge economy. The Group will now turn its attention to supply side issues, including blockages in planning, site availability and labour and materials supply.
Find out more about the Housing project