ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum: Enabling Discoverability in Bio-Data Innovation – 23rd Jan
This free ELIXIR Innovation event is focused on the discoverability of bioinformatics resources that help speed up advancements in the life sciences.
The forum is open to both large and small companies. In this lunch-to-lunch event, attendees will be immersed in a world of data-driven innovation, illustrated through talks by innovative companies and presentations of ELIXIR’s open data resources and services. With a mix of high-level keynote speakers and interactive sessions, this event will allow you to discuss and interact with other companies and ELIXIR partners.
What is on the programme?
A large number of sessions including:
- Interactive sessions to present “Challenges in FAIR principles implementation”, “Challenges in tools development” and “Challenges in standards in the life sciences”. In these sessions you will hear from ELIXIR experts, innovative companies and you will have the opportunity to interact with the speakers.
- “Flash-talk” session: 5-minute talks for companies to present their activities and proposals for collaboration.
This event is aimed at companies active in bio-data, software companies working with data and tools in life sciences and all research institutes active in the field of data science in all life science domains.
Meet and greet:
In addition to coffee breaks and lunches, you are also invited to attend the dedicated networking reception and buffet dinner on Tuesday 23rd January.
- Phillipe Sanseau (Glaxo Smith Kline – Lead)
- Kees van Bochove (The Hyve)
- Ian P Barrett (AstraZeneca)
- Giuliano Maciocci (eLife)
- Misha Kapushesky (GeneStack)
- Carole Goble (ELIXIR UK)
- Liz Reynolds (General BioInformatics)
Registration Deadline: Friday 19th January 2018
Location: Churchill College, Cambridge CB30DS
Time & Date: Tuesday 23rd January, 11am – Wednesday 24th January, 1pm
Admission: Please visit event website here.