Breakfast Networking: Immigration Law for Businesses (a Cambridge Network event) – 23rd Jan
12% of the UK labour market is staffed by non UK & EU nationals and in the last 3 months over 220 companies have had their license revoked. With immigration compliance high on the Home Office agenda, do you know what your legal obligations are?
In this practical workshop, Anne Morris will guide you through all the steps you need to stay compliant, explain how to avoid common mistakes and assist you in promoting best practice within your organisation. Don’t miss this opportunity to make sure your HR processes are up to date and up to scratch.
We will be covering:
- Right to Work checks – refresher guide and your responsibility as an employer
- List A & B Management – do you know the difference?
- Managing specific categories of workers – contractors, students, agency staff
- Record keeping – what’s the big deal?
- Consequences of non-compliance – how to avoid civil penalties and criminal liability
About Anne Morris
Immigration lawyer and Managing Director of DavidsonMorris Solicitors, Anne has been practising immigration law for over 20 years, has previously worked for the Home Office and is regarded as one of the country’s leading experts on immigration.
08:30am Registration and networking over coffee and breakfast
09:00am: Anne Morris, DavidsonMorris Immigration Solicitors
10:30am Further networking and a chance to follow up with the speaker
11:00am Event closes
Location: St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, CB4 0WS
Times & Dates: 8.30am – 11.00am – Tuesday 23rd January
Admission: Please register online here.