Want advice on patents and trade marks? Come to our free IP clinics – 21st March
Are you interested in protecting your inventions, designs or brand but don’t know where to start? Do you want to know how to value your IP portfolio? Do you want to know if you have the freedom to operate before you launch your new product?
TLIP Ltd and the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) have launched a new IP clinic in Cambridge that is intended to give basic, general advice on:
- how your intellectual property (IP) may be protected;
- the steps you need to take to protect your IP;
- how you might value your IP porfolio (e.g. if you’re considering selling or licensing to a third party);
- what freedom to operate means and whether it is important for your business; and
- what options you have if you’re worried you might be infringing someone’s IP, or think someone’s infringing your IP.
These free clinics provide anyone in Cambridgeshire (and surrounding areas) with the opportunity to discuss their ideas with a qualified patent attorney and member of CIPA. The patent attorney will be able to provide general advice on all aspects of IP, including patents and trade marks.
IP advice clinics are being held in Cambridge every month, starting in December 2016. The location of the clinics may vary each month, so please check the event website regularly for information about upcoming clinics. If you would like free advice on patents, trade marks, designs, copyright, or any other general IP advice related to developing and commercialising an idea, please come along to the clinics where you will be able to talk to a qualified Patent Attorney and member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys.
Date & time: 10.00am – 1.00pm on 21st March
Location: St. John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS
Appointments are necessary: Please contact Parminder Lally to make an appointment (which will usually last 20 to 30 minutes).