About Cambridge Ahead
Cambridge Ahead is a business and academic member group dedicated to the successful growth of Cambridge and its region in the long term. Our vision is for Cambridge to be the pre-eminent, small city in the world.
The group aims to represent the city’s business community and our partners who share our vision, by offering soundly-based opinion and be an advocate for Cambridge to local and national governments about the opportunities and needs of the region. At any one time we will have no more than 10 specific initiatives with defined objectives and measurable outcomes. We are politically non-aligned.
Cambridge Ahead will represent businesses and their interests in the ‘Cambridge City Region’, which we define as places which are complementary and subject to the same influences as Cambridge. However, our work may involve us outside the region where there are directly relevant issues, for instance national transport infrastructure, science policy, and regional initiatives.
- Exactly one year on from its launch, the Stagecoach Route R bus service from Trumpington Park & Ride to Cambridge …Read More »
- A new crowdsourcing initiative has been launched which will empower Cambridge employees and residents to help provide the city and …Read More »
- Another three leading Cambridge businesses have joined Cambridge Ahead. Mott Macdonald, Sepura and Strutt & Parker have become members taking …Read More »
- New Cambridge Growth data released by Cambridge Ahead highlights a record of remarkable growth during 2014/15, with Cambridge companies enjoying …Read More »
- A new digital platform which aims to close the skills gap in Cambridge launches this week on Thursday 11th February. …Read More »
The Cambridge Phenomenon describes the incredible explosion of technology, life sciences and service companies that has occurred in the city since 1960. It is also the name of the company set up by entrepreneur Charles Cotton and this event celebrates […] Read More »
With 500+ participants from over 30 different countries, interactive roundtable sessions, inspiring excursions and lots of networking opportunities, the Smart City Event 2015 was a great success. The Smart City Event Amsterdam 2016 has the mission to bring together the […] Read More »
The International Festival for Business is a global marketplace for creating connections and doing deals. It brings together thousands of businesses from around the world for over 2 weeks of events, networking and deal-making. It’s a global gathering of the world’s most inspiring businesses; […] Read More »
Brains Eden 2016 Gaming Festival is a massive game jam and event held annually at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge and supported by some of the biggest games companies in the world, where teams have 48 hours to make original games based […] Read More »
CIR hosts the 7th Smart Grids Conference at a brand new luxury executive conference centre in Cambridge centre for the two days of talks bringing together innovator technology providers with smart grid project buyers. Who’ll be there? Innovators, investors, entrepreneurs, […] Read More »