About Cambridge Ahead
Cambridge Ahead is a business and academic member group dedicated to the successful growth of Cambridge and its region in the long term. Our vision is for Cambridge to be the pre-eminent, small city in the world.
The group aims to represent the city’s business community and our partners who share our vision, by offering soundly-based opinion and be an advocate for Cambridge to local and national governments about the opportunities and needs of the region. At any one time we will have no more than 10 specific initiatives with defined objectives and measurable outcomes. We are politically non-aligned.
Cambridge Ahead will represent businesses and their interests in the ‘Cambridge City Region’, which we define as places which are complementary and subject to the same influences as Cambridge. However, our work may involve us outside the region where there are directly relevant issues, for instance national transport infrastructure, science policy, and regional initiatives.
- Below is a press release issued by Stagecoach East: Advance notice of important changes to popular Route R Guided Bus …Read More »
- Two more familiar organisations from the business world have joined Cambridge Ahead, taking our membership to 40. We would like …Read More »
- We are delighted to announce the launch of the new Cambridge Cluster Map data tool, created by Cambridge Ahead with …Read More »
- Over 70 Cambridgeshire political, academic and business leaders met at the Cambridge Union Society on Friday 8th July to discuss …Read More »
- Exactly one year on from its launch, the Stagecoach Route R bus service from Trumpington Park & Ride to Cambridge …Read More »
Is digital media making us stupid? What is the future of our libraries? Is smartphone fiction the future of reading? Questions about how technology is shaping our culture and identity are at the forefront of this year’s Cambridge Festival of […] Read More »
Get to know the Cambridge Fintech community Everyone involved in fintech (financial technology) in Cambridge, or wants to know more about fintech, are welcome. Free entry. Meet in the bar of the Double Tree hotel at 7pm. Event details Date […] Read More »
Some of America’s best-known tech entrepreneurs will visit the UK in November to take part in ‘Silicon Valley Comes to the UK’. Returning for its 10th year, and to help it scale, SVC2UK is now a part of London & […] Read More »
Brought to you by DIT and Innovate UK, this leading event will showcase the UK’s world-beating innovations. You’ll see a stellar speaker line-up, discover Government support for business and meet with international buyers and investors. The global spotlight on UK innovation […] Read More »
Prepare to abandon your comfort zone, discover some of the world’s most disruptive minds and explore the trends of tomorrow – WIRED’s annual two-day conference is back. Moving to new dates on November 3-4, the WIRED world will come to […] Read More »