About Cambridge Ahead
Cambridge Ahead is a business and academic member group dedicated to the successful growth of Cambridge and its region in the long term. Our vision is for Cambridge to be the pre-eminent, small city in the world.
The group aims to represent the city’s business community and our partners who share our vision, by offering soundly-based opinion and be an advocate for Cambridge to local and national governments about the opportunities and needs of the region. At any one time we will have no more than 10 specific initiatives with defined objectives and measurable outcomes. We are politically non-aligned.
Cambridge Ahead will represent businesses and their interests in the ‘Cambridge City Region’, which we define as places which are complementary and subject to the same influences as Cambridge. However, our work may involve us outside the region where there are directly relevant issues, for instance national transport infrastructure, science policy, and regional initiatives.
- We would like to formally welcome Carter Jonas as our first new member organisation for 2017. Carter Jonas is a …Read More »
- Cambridge Ahead has recently completed a refresh of the data of its Cambridge Cluster Map, which was launched in July. …Read More »
- On Thursday 27th October the West Anglia Taskforce held an event in Bishop’s Stortford to launch its final report for …Read More »
- Below is a press release issued by Stagecoach East: Advance notice of important changes to popular Route R Guided Bus …Read More »
- Two more familiar organisations from the business world have joined Cambridge Ahead, taking our membership to 40. We would like …Read More »
UKGovCamp is a free, annual unconference for people interested in public sector digital, data, technology and operations. An ‘unconference’ turns the traditional conference model on its head. We don’t do pre-planned sales pitches from experts. Instead, the people who turn up […] Read More »
An international conference sharing innovative policies and practice. The Joseph Roundtree Foundation, in collaboration with PwC, are hosting a conference that will draw together international policy and practice on inclusive growth. Achieving more inclusive growth is rising up the policy […] Read More »
Connected Cambridge’s Entrepreneurs on the Move is a series of talks on the last Wednesday of each month to its members and non-members who wish to attend. This event on 25th January sees an address by Charles W Nixon, the Founder […] Read More »
Churchill Enterprise Seminar and Panel Discussion: What does it take to be a successful entrepreneur? – 30th January 2017What does it take to be a successful entrepreneur? What does success mean for different types of entrepreneurs? How can you develop your entrepreneurial skills? How can you access the best support and mentoring? How can you learn from things […] Read More »
Cities Outlook , the authoritative index of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK created by Centre for Cities, will be launched on 30 January 2017 at London’s City Hall. This year, the report will look at the […] Read More »