About Cambridge Ahead
Cambridge Ahead is a business and academic member group dedicated to the successful growth of Cambridge and its region in the long term. Our vision is for Cambridge to be the pre-eminent, small city in the world.
The group aims to represent the city’s business community and our partners who share our vision, by offering soundly-based opinion and be an advocate for Cambridge to local and national governments about the opportunities and needs of the region. At any one time we will have no more than 10 specific initiatives with defined objectives and measurable outcomes. We are politically non-aligned.
Cambridge Ahead will represent businesses and their interests in the ‘Cambridge City Region’, which we define as places which are complementary and subject to the same influences as Cambridge. However, our work may involve us outside the region where there are directly relevant issues, for instance national transport infrastructure, science policy, and regional initiatives.
- We are delighted to announce the launch of the new Cambridge Cluster Map data tool, created by Cambridge Ahead with …Read More »
- Over 70 Cambridgeshire political, academic and business leaders met at the Cambridge Union Society on Friday 8th July to discuss …Read More »
- Exactly one year on from its launch, the Stagecoach Route R bus service from Trumpington Park & Ride to Cambridge …Read More »
- A new crowdsourcing initiative has been launched which will empower Cambridge employees and residents to help provide the city and …Read More »
- Another three leading Cambridge businesses have joined Cambridge Ahead. Mott Macdonald, Sepura and Strutt & Parker have become members taking …Read More »
In the current turbulent politics and economy with otherwise very little information, CETC aims to give you glances into possible futures post BREXIT from Cambridge experts in business, science and technology and policy/politics. Where do we go from here? Where […] Read More »
Cambridge Ahead and the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership (LEP) invite you to attend a free breakfast on Devolution in Cambridge where you can hear more about what the Devolution Deal means for your business. After months of negotiation, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough […] Read More »
On 5th August, Cambridge City Council is bringing together leaders from Cambridge politics, businesses, universities and the NHS to share their understandings of the key Brexit issues. The outcome of the referendum vote to leave the EU will have major […] Read More »
The Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP and Opportunity Peterborough invite local businesses to find out more about what the proposed Devolution Deal means for them and and have their say on the proposals. Join business leaders for a free breakfast […] Read More »
The CBI’s Cyber Security Conference returns to London on 14 September to help you manage and mitigate the risk digital technology presents to your business. Designed specifically for senior business leaders and decision-makers, the CBI will bring together expertise from […] Read More »